Thursday, October 18, 2012

Three Little Things

Again, I have proven myself to be unworthy of the challenge of writing my three best things every day. I only missed one day entirely, but I have to admit that there were a few I retrospectively scribbled down the morning (ok--- afternoon) after. I also found it very difficult to write what really made me happy since I knew I would be posting them. There was a lot of self-imposed pressure to be witty and not lame. Unfortunately, I find myself to be NOT witty and EXTREMELY lame most often in my private moments, so I apologize if what comes next bores you to tears.

10/10/12
1. Just found out Ryan Gosling lives 3 blocks from me.
2. Watching the "human tunnel" get water dumped on them outside of Pinkberry.
3. The view from Hallie's roof-- WOW. I live in New York City! The view makes the magic.


10/11/12
I forgot... what a waste of that once-in-a-lifetime date.

10/12/12
1. Can cross 'vegetarian sushi' off of my NYC list!
2. Spent a good part of my day wrapped up in Harry Potter... this story still does it for me.
3. Texting Nazlı about some of our best memories. So lucky to have her in my life.


10/13/12
1. Drinking wine and margaritas ALL NIGHT with Nazlı.
2. Quick visit with Andy and Lexi... tons of giggles and CUPCAKES.
3. The staff at our dinner place were really really sweet (The Aquamarina, 171st & Bway?)


10/14/12
1. Z saying "Go to her!" when A was crying... literally so precious. [Note: Z & A are 2 y.o. twins I nanny for]
2. The babies knew my name today-- and it was only my 2nd day of work!
3. Used my hot pink hand mixer baking chocolate chip pumpkin cookies :)


10/15/12
1. Staying up late and sharing everything with Chazie.
2. So pleased with my peers' work on Sweeney Todd. Entire production was impressive and I was proud to watch the show with its world's creators.
3. So many hugs and smiles and laughs with some people that I've missed without realizing it!

10/16/12
1. Wine milkshake and Chazie's homemade pizza. Hello heart attack.
2. Meetings today. Two with old professors, one with an old friend. All made me realize that I am growing, I am cared about, and that I'm not doing half bad.
3. Even though my bus home had a serious delay that's pretty inconvenient, I could not have a nicer, more patient or pleasant bus driver. This woman deserves the big bucks. Also, the trip refund and complimentary round trip from megabus didn't hurt.


10/17/12
1. No lab today was a nice break. Good for my sanity.
2. I think Russell Stover's dark chocolate coconut creme pumpkins are the best things I have ever tasted. Damn.
3. Nobody could hold me back from navigating the library like a boss today.


So, all in all, I have a lot of little things to be thankful for. It was a nice pick-me-up to go through them again tonight and I'm glad that I challenged myself to do this. I still want to do better, though.

Next up... 

New York has made me more image conscious than I have been in a long time. It is truly the place where the beautiful people flock to. I spend a lot of time worried about my appearance, and in retrospect I think a lot of that time is wasted. Plus, that kind of fixation is unhealthy. SO. I am now embarking upon a new challenge: No make up for a week.

How will it change me? Will I make better use of my time in the mornings? Will I be less inclined to go out? Will I still get creeped on by those dirty old men on every corner in this town?

I guess I'll find out.

1 comment:

  1. I am officially "liking" everything from 10/10/12. Especially the human cheering tunnel. I had forgotten about that awesome moment!

    ReplyDelete

Preach.